Discovering your true purpose and passion in life
What do you really think living a purposeful life means?
Follow your dreams, do the things you love. People will always say.
Most of us have no idea what we are doing with our lives and we change focus too often and too quickly. It’s not wrong to change focus but when it is too frequent, it shows the lack of passion.
Even when it feels like you have discovered your true purpose or passion, in a matter of time, you are back to where you started (square one).
What in the world am I doing with my life?
What is my purpose in life?
How do I find my purpose or passion in life?
These questions sound familiar, right?
Discovering your purpose or passion in life is more like a journey if you ask me and I guess that is same for you.
It could be a rough, challenging and a difficult journey and it can be a smooth and easy one if you let it be because life is all about the way we respond to every situation.
Sometimes, something has to knock you off balance before you discover it. (A few people I know and a few people I have read about have experienced this).
How to find your purpose in life.
3 ways find your purpose in life.
- If it feels like what you are doing at the moment is making you feel drained and unhappy, try to find out why this is happening. Ask yourself these questions; why am I unhappy? What do I spend hours reading about? The things I do, do they make me feel fulfilled? What do I really want in life?
- Try different things until you find what makes you feel fulfilled. It could be a job, it could be helping people, it could be music, it could be writing, etc. Nothing will happen if you just sit there, cross your legs and stay in something that isn’t working for you. Take action now! Experiment with different things! Try something new!
- Take note of your feelings and reactions when you are doing a particular thing. How do you feel when you wake up in the morning while you are getting ready for work? Oh! That job again! Sounds like a familiar exclamation, right? Or do you feel happy jumping out of bed and getting ready for work? If you feel happy, then you are passionate about doing those things.
Five (5) signs to look out for when on the journey of discovering your purpose or passion.
- Feeling so comfortable and at peace when you are doing a particular thing.
- You never get tired of doing that same thing.
- When it comes up during a group discussion, you never get tired of talking about it. You go on and on and on until someone says “please keep quiet”
- It brings you happiness and fulfilment.
- You never get tired of learning about it.
If you notice these signs, in my own conclusion, it means you have discovered your passion.
Being passionate about something means you derive joy and happiness doing those things.
It might actually take a while before you find something that brings you happiness and you can also find it so fast.
Whichever way it is, the most important thing is finding what makes you happy.