Positive Voice Blog

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. PRODUCTIVITY. MOTIVATION. POSITIVITY

Life changing habits

Unbelievable habits that can turn your life around for good

Upgrade Your Career, Explore 400 + IT Courses, Certifications & Labs.  Enroll Now Only At QuickStart.com

Habits are contagious, are your habits worth catching?
Bad habits are more contagious, they are picked up so easily and more difficult to let go.
It takes strength to pick up a really good habit and courage to make it a part of you.
In this post, I’ll be talking about 4 unbelievable habits that can turn your life around for good.
As simple and common as they appear, the impact they have  are immeasurable and powerful.
Here are 4 life changing habits.

Make it a habit to always appreciate people before it’s too late:
We all want to be appreciated for our contributions, be it little or big.
 It’s easier to spot the flaws in others than to see the good in them. It takes strength to always see the good in people.
Appreciate people for their concern, uniqueness, effort, help, talent or skill. This will surely put a smile on their faces and make them feel valuable.
Along the line, someone must have done something worth appreciating, big or small.
Reach out to those people and say ‘thank you’ to them. Show someone you appreciate them.
Saying ‘Thank You’ to people gives them the impression that you are grateful and they’ll be willing to render their help whenever you need it.
You can also come up with creative ways to appreciate someone.
 “Appreciating the good in others creates an endless goodness ripple in the world”-Rohan Chaubey from Rohanlicious.
Appreciate yourself:
Turn this into an unbreakable habit.
Love yourself and be thankful for who you are.
Sit in silence and write down all that is within you that you can be grateful for and smile to yourself. This may sound crazy, but it’s amazing.
Love yourself for who you are. Self-approval is one of the best gifts you can ever give to yourself without thinking of external approval.
 Self approval
Be grateful for the things you have and your achievements. It doesn’t have to be great achievements or great accomplishments.
Celebrate every little success or achievements. I’m not saying you must throw a party every time you achieve something.
You can stand in front of the mirror and say ‘well done’ to yourself.
Great achievements are a series of smaller achievements put together.
Encourage people:
Encouragement is wonderful, it can change a person’s day or even entire life.
Difficult times are hard to deal with especially when there is no one to give you a word of encouragement.
How would you feel if someone walks up to you and says, I didn’t quit because of what you said to me a few days ago or a few years ago?
That comment is heart-warming and beautiful.
Live your life with a sense of direction:
You should know what you want in life and where you want to go.
Life may toss you around but your sense of direction will motivate you to keep going and never quit.
 life
Your long term goals, short term goals, priorities and your dreams should always be at the back of your mind and there should be a plan on how you’ll achieve them.
To be safe, write them down in a journal or a diary to avoid forgetting  some goals especially when you have too many goals.

Note: It’s okay to build castles in the air as long as there will be a solid foundation below them. If these castles will never a foundation, then it’s a mere waste of time. In simple words, have realistic goals and dreams.There should be a set period for these goals and dreams to be achieved.Remember to always keep track of your progress.

Living a purposeful lifeSelf improvement

Izuzu Nworgu • June 26, 2016

Previous Post

Next Post

Comments

1. candy August 29, 2016 - 11:01 pm Reply

Try to surround yourself with positive people, life is to short to feed the negative.

2. Cynthia August 30, 2016 - 12:25 am Reply

Gratitude brings in more to be grateful for 😉 Lovely post.x

• Izuzu Nworgu August 30, 2016 - 11:33 am Reply

That’s right Cynthia.

3. PHIL Paterson August 30, 2016 - 12:29 am Reply

Some very nice advice thank you

• Izuzu Nworgu September 11, 2016 - 10:32 pm Reply

4. Lisa Sell August 30, 2016 - 10:54 am Reply

I totally agree with showing your appreciation to others. It’s something I try to do as often as possible but we do forget so thanks for the reminder!

• Izuzu Nworgu August 30, 2016 - 7:02 pm Reply

Thank you Lisa for your vote of aggreement. I appreciate your comment.

5. Angela Philemon August 30, 2016 - 1:45 pm Reply

Love this article.. Thanks

6. Renee August 30, 2016 - 3:19 pm Reply

Each day I spend my day reminding myself of what drives me. It isn’t always easy but it sure helps me keep going.

• Izuzu Nworgu August 30, 2016 - 7:23 pm Reply

That’s good to know.
      It’s not always easy to remind ourselves of our driving forces.
      Thank you for sharing.

7. Janine August 30, 2016 - 3:30 pm Reply

I always gravitate to posts that provide enlightenment and positive energy. Appreciating oneself is so important, otherwise nothing usually falls into place. Thanks for sharing this motivating piece.

• Izuzu Nworgu August 30, 2016 - 6:28 pm Reply

Thank you, Janine.
      I totally agree with you and I’m glad you love posts that provide enlightenment and positive energy.
      Thank you for reading.

8. Samantha August 30, 2016 - 9:32 pm Reply

This is just what I needed to read today. Having a rough week and this is making me appreciate what is going right.

• Izuzu Nworgu August 31, 2016 - 10:08 pm Reply

Hello Samantha,
      I’m glad you came across this post. Rough times are always difficult to deal with. Although I know nothing about what you’re going through, I just want you to know that they’re just temporary phases in life and I hope it turns out well in the end.

9. Samantha @ Momma Wants Java August 31, 2016 - 2:14 am Reply

Love this! I think appreciating yourself is really overlooked most of the time, and definitely something I could work on a little.

• Izuzu Nworgu August 31, 2016 - 10:17 pm Reply

10. Thirty30Courtney August 31, 2016 - 3:01 am Reply

#3 and 4 jump out to me. I especially try to do this with my teachers. We already receive a lot of demands and positivity is always needed. Great job.

• Izuzu Nworgu August 31, 2016 - 10:26 pm Reply

Thank you courtney.
      I actually don’t understand what you try to do with your teachers. But I do know that positivity is always needed in everything we do.

11. Tejasvi November 3, 2016 - 4:18 am Reply

Spread positivity to attract positive things in life!
    Great post. Some very good advise. Thanks!

• Izuzu Nworgu November 3, 2016 - 6:40 am Reply

That’s right.
      Thank you.

12. Joseph Chikeleze December 1, 2016 - 5:19 pm Reply

Wow, nice post herein. o like this awesome writeup.

This actions can really turn my life for good. Thanks