4 SIMPLE STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
Hectic and stressful days are no joke, as they are one of the reasons we are broken and torn apart most of the time.
4 SIMPLE TIPS FOR REDUCING STRESSFour (4) tips that can help you feel better after a stressful day. Click To Tweet
1. TAKE A COLD SHOWER: Terrifying huh? Surprisingly, cold shower has many benefits that most people don’t know about and its ability to help you deal with stress is not an exception.
Your ability to withstand the cold actually makes you stronger (physically and mentally) and this can help increase your ability to combat stress and reduce tension. Did you know this?
Cold shower has other benefits
- Have you ever noticed that you take deeper breaths when you’re taking a cold shower? Well, this is good for your body as it increases oxygen intake and as such, increases your dose of energy (oxygen is needed for the manufacture of energy). Deep breathing also makes you calmer and helps relieve stress, anxiety and tension.
- It increases alertness due to the response our bodies give off when we are taking a cold shower.
- Helps burn fat; our bodies respond to the decrease in temperature by burning fat to help keep us warm.
I feel a lot better after a cold shower especially at the end of a stressful day.
2. EAT SOMETHING HEALTHY: Did you ever know that your choice of food could either increase or decrease your coping skills for stress?
Most people turn to high-fat foods, sugar and substances like alcohol, caffeinated drinks, cigarettes, etc when under stress but the truth is, they’ll make you feel more stressed out after a while.
Worst of all, high-fat foods will make you feel sluggish and of course, unable to deal with stress and that’s not the kind of feeling we want after a hectic day.
Instead, substitute the former with low-fat foods, high fibre foods, plenty of fruits and vegetables and don’t forget to drink enough water.
3. WATCH A GOOD COMIC VIDEO OR READ A GOOD COMIC BOOK: Have you ever heard of this adage; Laughter is the best medicine. Well, there is no doubt about that.
Laughing is great; it makes me feel good and reminds me that life is not always about being serious. A little fun is wonderful and worth it.
Benefits of laughing
• Laughing reduces stress, tension and anxiety.
• It helps to relax the body and mind.
• No doubt, laughter improves mood and increase your ability to cope with worries and overcome sadness.
• Laughing helps us to forget all the negativity in the world and helps us see life from a positive perspective.
4. FINALLY, GET SOME REST: Even computers and machines crash or break down at some point due to over working and when this happens, we just let them be. The same thing is applicable to humans.
Relaxation is so important. It is an effective de-stressing technique and shouldn’t be taken for granted. After a hectic day, you need to make out time to get some rest in order to replenish lost energy.
3 Benefits of relaxation.
• It increases your focusing ability.
• Relaxation helps to reduce stress, anxiety and tension.
• It Increases your productivity.