Positive Voice Blog

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. PRODUCTIVITY. MOTIVATION. POSITIVITY

4 simple stress management techniques

4 SIMPLE STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES

Hectic and stressful days are no joke, as they are one of the reasons we are broken and torn apart most of the time.

4 SIMPLE TIPS FOR REDUCING STRESS
Four (4) tips that can help you feel better after a stressful day. Click To Tweet

Simple tips for reducing stress

1. TAKE A COLD SHOWER: Terrifying huh? Surprisingly, cold shower has many benefits that most people don’t know about and its ability to help you deal with stress is not an exception.

Your ability to withstand the cold actually makes you stronger (physically and mentally) and this can help increase your ability to combat stress and reduce tension. Did you know this?

Cold shower has other benefits

• Have you ever noticed that you take deeper breaths when you’re taking a cold shower? Well, this is good for your body as it increases oxygen intake and as such, increases your dose of energy (oxygen is needed for the manufacture of energy). Deep breathing also makes you calmer and helps relieve stress, anxiety and tension.
  • It increases alertness due to the response our bodies give off when we are taking a cold shower.
  • Helps burn fat; our bodies respond to the decrease in temperature by burning fat to help keep us warm.

I feel a lot better after a cold shower especially at the end of a stressful day.

2. EAT SOMETHING HEALTHY: Did you ever know that your choice of food could either increase or decrease your coping skills for stress?
Most people turn to high-fat foods, sugar and substances like alcohol, caffeinated drinks, cigarettes, etc when under stress but the truth is, they’ll make you feel more stressed out after a while.

Worst of all, high-fat foods will make you feel sluggish and of course, unable to deal with stress and that’s not the kind of feeling we want after a hectic day.
Instead, substitute the former with low-fat foods, high fibre foods, plenty of fruits and vegetables and don’t forget to drink enough water.

3. WATCH A GOOD COMIC VIDEO OR READ A GOOD COMIC BOOK: Have you ever heard of this adage; Laughter is the best medicine. Well, there is no doubt about that.

Laughing is great; it makes me feel good and reminds me that life is not always about being serious. A little fun is wonderful and worth it.

Benefits of laughing
• Laughing reduces stress, tension and anxiety.
• It helps to relax the body and mind.
• No doubt, laughter improves mood and increase your ability to cope with worries and overcome sadness.
• Laughing helps us to forget all the negativity in the world and helps us see life from a positive perspective.

4. FINALLY, GET SOME REST: Even computers and machines crash or break down at some point due to over working and when this happens, we just let them be. The same thing is applicable to humans.

Relaxation is so important. It is an effective de-stressing technique and shouldn’t be taken for granted. After a hectic day, you need to make out time to get some rest in order to replenish lost energy.

3 Benefits of relaxation.
• It increases your focusing ability.
• Relaxation helps to reduce stress, anxiety and tension.
It Increases your productivity.

Motivationstress management

Izuzu Nworgu • October 6, 2016

Previous Post

Next Post

Comments

1. Wunebari igakeh October 6, 2016 - 7:59 pm Reply

Oh yes cold water works and the rest as well… Thanks for sharing next time i’m stressed i will not forget your remdies

• Izuzu Nworgu October 7, 2016 - 8:05 am Reply

I feel a lot better after a cold shower. I’m glad you’ll be referring to these ideas when next you’re feeling stressed out.
      Thank you, Wunebari.
      Have a fab day.

2. Thoughts Above October 7, 2016 - 11:50 pm Reply

Cold shower sounds nice … but ain’t gonna get stressed during winter .. I Cnt stand cold shower in winter…

I love the article though well elaborated.

• Izuzu Nworgu October 10, 2016 - 9:19 am Reply

Hello,
      The water doesn’t have to be freezing cold. It’s your choice anyway!

I’m glad you love this article.

3. Vaishnavi October 8, 2016 - 12:09 pm Reply

Great tips to beat stress. Awesome reminder. Love the techniques!!

• Izuzu Nworgu October 10, 2016 - 9:21 am Reply

Hello,

Welcome to my blog. I’m glad you love these techniques.

Have a fab day!

4. Julie October 10, 2016 - 6:47 am Reply

Yes, so much agree with the amazing benefits of laughter. A belly laugh is the best cure for anything. Love your blog!

• Izuzu Nworgu October 10, 2016 - 9:22 am Reply

Thank you so much, Julie. That’s right, laughter is just great.

5. Sue October 11, 2016 - 2:07 am Reply

I’ve never thought of a cold shower but it would certainly wake up your whole body and make you feel alive. Laughter is always a wonderful way to let our stress and tension go.

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:28 am Reply

Oh yes! That’s exactly what happens to me after every cold shower and I also feel relieved.

Thank you, Sue.

6. Susan Evans October 11, 2016 - 9:14 pm Reply

I think I would scream and my muscles would tense up if I took a cold shower! Ha! My favorite stress reliever is laughter.

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:25 am Reply

Laughing is a good de-stressing technique and I love it.

7. candy October 11, 2016 - 9:20 pm Reply

Never considered taking a cold shower. Watching something that makes you laugh is great. Guess it won’t be the news thats for sure.

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:22 am Reply

Haha! definitely not the news.

8. Joleene October 11, 2016 - 9:30 pm Reply

I tend to not eat so well when stressed, so I need to work on that. Thanks for this. 🙂

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:58 am Reply

Eating right when stressed (and when not stressed too) is a good thing to do. It’s a good thing you want to work on that.

Thank you.

9. JenuineMom (Jennifer Marx) October 11, 2016 - 10:10 pm Reply

Wow, I never knew that cold showers could help with stress. I’m totally trying this next time I have an issue. Thank you for the tips!!

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:44 am Reply

Cold shower helps a lot. I happy you want to try this.

10. Sydnie October 11, 2016 - 10:13 pm Reply

Good advice! The cold shower one seems a bit tough to get through, but the reasons make sense!

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:16 am Reply

Thank you, Sydnie. I love Cold shower because it helps me de-stress.

11. Raelene October 11, 2016 - 10:17 pm Reply

Laughter is definately the best medicine. I just discovered 2 comedies I had not been aware of and I am really enjoying watching them as a family as they are child friendly which is great kids need to destress too.

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:11 am Reply

Oh yes! Kids need to destress. I really love good comic videos.

Thank you.

12. Alyssa October 11, 2016 - 11:10 pm Reply

I had thought of sleep and eating well, but I had never heard the one about taking a cold shower! What a great tip! Thanks for sharing!

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:06 am Reply

Hello, Alyssa.
      Cold shower is great and you’re welcome.

Thank you.

13. Alisha October 11, 2016 - 11:46 pm Reply

This is os helpful! I need to save all of these for later. Totally agree with getting some rest, once I’ve had a nap I am a new woman! haha

• Izuzu Nworgu October 12, 2016 - 12:02 am Reply

Hello, Alisha.
      I totally agree with you. Enough rest is so good for the body.

14. Drew October 12, 2016 - 2:36 am Reply

Great tips! Laughter I find works greeat!

• Izuzu Nworgu October 13, 2016 - 2:07 pm Reply

Sure!!

15. Christine – Jar Of Lemons October 12, 2016 - 3:23 am Reply

I had no idea a cold shower could help!!! This is awesome advice, thank you!

• Izuzu Nworgu October 13, 2016 - 2:08 pm Reply

Oh yes! It works for me and for some people.

16. Tami @ The Inspiration Lady October 12, 2016 - 4:00 am Reply

This is a great post! Watching funny TV shows always helps me relax after I’ve had a stressful day. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

17. Vy Tran October 12, 2016 - 7:23 am Reply

Cold showers are nice when I’m on edge, it’s like jumping into a pool after being in a sauna for awhile.
    I found that junk food is a crutch when I’m stressed, but it doesn’t do much to help my mood once I’m done eating it. Great article, sometimes it’s easy to forget that there are plenty of tools to help you when you’re stressed.

18. Bridget October 12, 2016 - 1:27 pm Reply

Great ideas! I have never thought of taking a cold shower, but I totally see how this could work!

19. Elizabeth Ann October 12, 2016 - 8:20 pm Reply

Good tips! Eating something healthy is really good advice. While I may enjoy junk food every now and again I always feel terrible afterwards. Eating healthy is so much better!

20. Ninz October 12, 2016 - 10:42 pm Reply

Thank you for this! I love hanging around with positive mined people and have laughter to reduce stress. And a warm bath is a must have…

Ninz

21. Raquel @ The Cool Mom’s Blog October 13, 2016 - 3:17 am Reply

I really need to try the cold shower thing! My stress levels are at an all time high.

22. Michal October 31, 2016 - 8:48 am Reply

Eating something healthy..nice. must remember that 🙂 Taking care of oneself is important….

• Izuzu Nworgu November 3, 2016 - 1:18 pm Reply

Yes! That’s right.

23. Vernon October 31, 2016 - 11:56 am Reply

Cold shower?!
    But after reading this it make sense. I know eating healthy works for me.
    I believe most of my stress comes from lack of rest.
    I work 12 hours rotating shifts. I have to get better at resting.
    I’m going to try the cold shower too…lol
    Thanks for the info.

• Izuzu Nworgu November 3, 2016 - 1:16 pm Reply

I’m glad it makes sense to you.
      You’re welcome! You definitely need to rest.

24. Jennifer June 6, 2017 - 1:15 am Reply

I’m not sure about the cold showers, but laughter is definitely the best medicine. It has gotten us through a lot of the ups and downs of life.