Positive Voice Blog

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. PRODUCTIVITY. MOTIVATION. POSITIVITY

How to be productive

4 Smart Hacks On How To Be Productive

Do you ever feel like being productive and after 5 minutes you’re like oh yes! this isn’t working at all?

I feel that way most times and I’m sure you also feel that way sometimes. It just happens to everybody.

Being productive is very important no matter what you want to get done whether it’s an office task, school work, house chore or a blog-related task.

I’ve organised few hacks on how to be productive.

How to be productive

This post is arranged in this order;

• Planners/Journals
  • Time management technique
  • Productivity apps and extentions
  • Tools for Blog-related tasks

PLANNERS AND JOURNALS

If you’ve noticed, these days I’ve being talking a lot about planners and journals because they are really great!

Is it even possible to be productive without making realisitic plans? I think the answer is an emphatic NO!

I’ve realized that when I write the things I need to get done and the things I want to achieve (my goals and TO-DOs), I become more productive. It’s so easy for me to get buried in school work and forget that I have other things I need to take care of.

Maybe you’re not a student but there are times when you get carried away performing just one task for ages or doing something that has absolutely nothing to do with your goals and targets.

There is no better way to be productive than to learn the act of making realistic plans. Click To Tweet

You can use a planner or journal to do this or a random piece of paper but don’t you think so many pieces of papers will make your work area look messy?

Just get organised. Organise your TO-DOs and simplify your work!

TIME MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUE

No time! No time!! No time!!! That phrase is the most used excuse for not being productive. I use it. You use it. We all do.

As a blogger and a student, I’ve always wanted an extra day between saturday and sunday and 6 more hours added to Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays so I can get more things done!

Is that even possible?

In reality, it’s actually time management and self-discipline we should be talking about and not “NO TIME”

Striking a balance between all that you need to get done requires self-discipline and proper time management.

But how exactly can you do this?

I use alarms or stop watches most times to help me keep track of time. I avoid multitasking because multitasking is just a good way to waste time. Get one task done and move to the next.

You can also use the Pomodoro technique, this works well like alarm clocks.

PRODUCTIVITY APPS AND EXTENSIONS

There are a lot of productivity apps and extentions on the internet and you need to be very selective because some of them are just going to waste your time. You don’t need to cluster your computer or phone with so many apps and extensions just pick those ones that can help you get things done and focus on them.

I wrote an article on online tools that can help you stay focused.

TOOLS FOR BLOG-RELATED TASKS

Google analytic/webmaster: I use this to track my progress and blog traffic.

Buffer: I use buffer to schedule my posts for my social media accounts and it saves me a lot of time and energy. It’s a free tool.

Email hunter: This tool saves you the stress of looking for a website owner’s email. I haven’t used this. Someone recommended it.

Save to pocket: This tool allows you save articles for later use. If you’re doing a research for a post or article, then this tool will make your work easier.

You might want to read this too! 8 simple ways to increase your productivity

OVER TO YOU

What’s your best hack on how to be productive?

Let me know in the comment section.

MotivationProductivity

Izuzu Nworgu • May 28, 2017

Previous Post

Next Post

Comments

1. Natasa May 29, 2017 - 3:26 pm Reply

When I get super-serious about being productive, I find that laser-sharp focus on the task in front of me helps me the most, even if it’s in a short time span (and sometimes short time periods are all I have…). 🙂

2. Gina Ritchie May 30, 2017 - 11:40 am Reply

I would be lost without my planner. The other thing that I have learned is the importance of setting realistic goals. I used to try to pack too much in and would get overwhelmed.

3. Christy May 30, 2017 - 12:28 pm Reply

I have recently started journaling at the start of the day to help me get focused. I’m reading Mel Robbins book the 5 second Rule and she says to write 2 things you want to accomplish for the day.

4. Idriss May 30, 2017 - 1:14 pm Reply

Very interesting, especially the part about time management. I have found myself many times wishing there were 28 hours in a day.

5. Joline May 30, 2017 - 2:45 pm Reply

Excel is my friend. It helps keep me organized! And I try to schedule as much social media as possible so I don’t get bogged down by little tasks that can be automated.

6. Jobie Medina | Thewifelife.com May 30, 2017 - 5:29 pm Reply

I make lists for everything to be productive. I always have so much going on. Lists are my lifesavers.

7. Dani May 31, 2017 - 7:07 pm Reply

Great tips – my best tip for productivity is not multi-tasking. Just focus on one thing at a time and I find I get loads more done that way

Dani x | http://www.flourishingfreelancer.com

8. Sreya Gupta June 22, 2017 - 9:23 am Reply

Very interesting. I’m trying to be productive. Sometimes I feel demotivated. Nice tips.

9. Samantha (Vibrant Yogini) June 22, 2017 - 9:28 am Reply

This is a great post. I rarely have much free time and so I find that making to-do lists and tasks I will complete on a certain day really helps! I am definitely going to setup my buffer account this weekend. Thanks for the post!

10. Samantha (Vibrant Yogini) June 22, 2017 - 9:50 am Reply

Thanks for sharing these great ideas 🙂 I need to setup my buffer account so I can schedule all my social media too!

11. Annie June 22, 2017 - 10:25 am Reply

Using a journal, focusing on getting three goals done each day, and the Pomodoro technique all help me!

12. Jessie A James June 22, 2017 - 5:13 pm Reply

Great tips! I really need to be more organized! once i can get focused I’m super productive but if i cant get focused nothing happens! keep practicing! Using my planner always helps me!

13. Dawn Lanaville June 22, 2017 - 6:01 pm Reply

Great ideas!

14. Chad Eljisr June 22, 2017 - 7:32 pm Reply

Good tips. Talking about productivity apps, I recently started using Trello for project management on the recommendation of a friend, and I must say, I love it. It is so intuitive and so easy to use.

15. Brianna June 23, 2017 - 6:38 am Reply

I can’t be productive at all without my bullet journal! For me, I need something analog in order to plan out and stick to the plan for the day. I tried using digital task managers and apps, but everything else is on my phone. So I’d start working on my plan and then be like “oh, what’s going on on facebook”. The bullet journal is strictly for planning. I can’t get distracted!

16. Shruti June 29, 2017 - 7:27 am Reply

Excel and planner are my go-to tools for absolute productivity! Can’t think of a moment when I was productive without these two.
    I haven’t used any productivity apps as of now. Only because they will only make me procrastinate more 😛

17. Malalai June 29, 2017 - 1:57 pm Reply

Thanks for your tips! I read great book about productivity. Really useful article!

18. Helene June 29, 2017 - 3:36 pm Reply

I keep a planner but I found that post it notes work well for me. I make my list and use different color post its to prioritize. I stick them up on the wall next to where I am working, and pull them off as I complete tasks. To ensure my productivity, some of those post its have an encouraging word or two and let me know I can grab a snack or some more coffee. 🙂

19. Helen Vella June 29, 2017 - 3:38 pm Reply

Great tips love them all, I am a coach and I always tell my clients about using time and how to use time for best results.
    Love your post.

20. Nele June 29, 2017 - 3:40 pm Reply

I always use my planner but thinking about changing it to bullet journal soon! Hopefully it’ll boast my productivity!

21. Amy June 29, 2017 - 5:52 pm Reply

Great post! I hadn’t thought about using a productivity app, but I definitely use a journal to detail what I need to do. I’ll have to check out some apps. Thanks!

22. Judith June 29, 2017 - 10:59 pm Reply

Working on improving that

23. Nandita June 30, 2017 - 4:25 am Reply

I agree making a daily planner as well as a long-term one is really important to get things done according to their priority….else, we might be working just as hard but getting very mixed results

24. Vladimir June 30, 2017 - 11:38 am Reply

Very useful tips, thanks. I’m working on improving my productivity, so this helps a lot.

25. Kelly June 30, 2017 - 11:40 am Reply

Great insight

26. Nakeya June 30, 2017 - 2:20 pm Reply

These are some really great tips. I am a planner girl and I must admit, a planner is a must for me. Also, I have heard about the Pomodora technique. I’m going to have to try it.

27. Lynds June 30, 2017 - 10:01 pm Reply

Constantly battling procrastination – been meaning to try those alarm apps for ages 🤔

28. Lynn Woods June 30, 2017 - 10:01 pm Reply

Great tips! Time blocking is my saving grace. I can always tell when I don’t because I feel like I haven’t gotten anything done!

29. Kate | The Organized Dream June 30, 2017 - 11:22 pm Reply

This is a great resource! I never heard of Save to Pocket. I’d have to give this a try. I usually just bookmark pages in my browser for later.

30. Aida Ingram July 1, 2017 - 5:54 pm Reply

These tips are really helpful. I love Buffer and I have pocket but I didn’t I didn’t know about save to pocket. I can’t wait to try it.

31. Peace Hanson July 10, 2017 - 11:26 am Reply

Need to get my multitasking in check. Great tips BTW, thanks for sharing.